Automation Triggers through internal API aren't firing

If I've got a bot that uses an internal API call to create some records...

• and those records contain an automation trigger word...
  • and the bot is marked to trigger other bots....
    • It seems that these newly created records ARE NOT triggering the bot - despite the fact that the trigger is there.

MultiTech_1-1704131648241.png

You can see in the circled part of the image above that I'm adding a trigger word.

• And in the sheet you can see the trigger words:

MultiTech_2-1704132230947.png

Yet.... the bot on the child table did not run for these 3 records.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

So what's going on here?

Here's the setup:

• I've got a bot that runs when we create a new parent record
  • For that parent record, we need to create X number of child records

Instead of creating these client-side (using action looping), I'm using the API to create the records.

• So when you save the parent, the bot kicks off and creates the required child records through an internal API call.
  • These records, if necessary, will contain a subsequent trigger word to trigger a bot on the child record.

The idea being:

1. Create the parent
  2. It makes the children
  3. The children that contain the trigger words will then trigger THEIR bot (on the child record)

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Apparently: this secondary triggering of bots (even though it's only 1-degree of separation, far below the 5 or 6 the documentation says is allowed) won't actually trigger a bot.

• The trigger words are recorded
  • But the bots DO NOT RUN

___________________________________________________________________________________________

What's weird is that this was working for months; and suddenly it's stopped in the past week or so.

1 1 148
1 REPLY 1

Does the Audit log shows that the "Child" Bot is triggered?

Top Labels in this Space