Automation Troubleshooting - Bad Expression for Filter?

I am trying to create an automation to push a message to Google Chat when a patient is flagged for CCM (chronic care management).

I have performed similar tasks in the recent past but am not sure why this one seems to not be firing off.

My criteria for the event: If the patient was not previously flagged for CCM but that flag has been enabled (the column is [Nonmedical Flags] and is an enum list, currently set to Quick Edit on the view in question), trigger a webhook to facilitate the chat menu.

My condition looks like this:

AND(
NOT(IN("CCM",[_THISROW_BEFORE].[NonMedical Flags]))
IN("CCM",[_THISROW_AFTER].[NonMedical Flags])
)

Screenshot 2022-06-27 11.12.41.png

this looks correct to me, but when i check the Monitor, i don't see the automation being triggered at all.
what am i missing here?

Solved Solved
0 6 142
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Figured it out.... I failed to terminate my JSON string properly ๐Ÿ˜‚

And my dang dyslexia caused me to not see the events in monitoring. Well, i saw it today...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Make sure the Bot supports triggering on "Updates" and not just on "Adds".

i have it set for All (add, update, delete) but it's not triggering to where i can even see it in the Monitor option. Does the filter condition look okay? Is there any reason why that would not properly be detecting the change i'm looking for ?

I've had a few issues in the past with quick edit columns causing issues, could this be one of those?

I do not see any logic or syntax issues with your expression as a Condition on a Bot. 

If you haven't already, check all the easy things - make sure the edits are getting saved,  make sure the Bot references the correct table, make sure the Bot is enabled.

I don't recall ever using  a QuickEdit to trigger a Bot.  I believe it should work. To test if the QuickEdit is the problem, create a Form with only that column and test performing the Edit through the Form.  If the Bot still doesn't trigger then a closer look is needed at the process flow.

I just tested using an EnumList as a QuickEdit to trigger a Bot that sends a simple email.  It is working for me.

Figured it out.... I failed to terminate my JSON string properly ๐Ÿ˜‚

And my dang dyslexia caused me to not see the events in monitoring. Well, i saw it today...

FYI, it may have been the there wasn't a Monitoring entry to see.  I have an issue I'm trying to resolve now where a Bot hangs and no error is reported nor any logged entry in the Monitoring view.

Top Labels in this Space