Automation not triggering

I am looking for a bit of clarification on automation.

Here's my issue:

I have an external system that pushes a record to my app into a table which adds a new row.

From that new Row added, I would like to update three columns in another table.

I have written a "Behavior" to do these transactions.  They work as designed as long as I run them from within the app on the record.

I have created an automation that looks for a new row added, followed by "Run action on Rows." 

When I run this automation in the test mode and execute it, it works great, and  I can't get it to run automatically.

Help, please

JobCall1234_1-1682612402672.png

JobCall1234_0-1682612325864.png

JobCall1234_2-1682612462834.png

JobCall1234_3-1682612504059.png

JobCall1234_4-1682612563113.png

Solved Solved
0 2 127
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Records that are inserted into your data source via an external system aren't going to trigger a Bot. Does that accurately describe your setup? If your external system can instead add the record to the app via the API, that would trigger your Bot. Another possibility is frequently running a scheduled Bot to check for new records.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Records that are inserted into your data source via an external system aren't going to trigger a Bot. Does that accurately describe your setup? If your external system can instead add the record to the app via the API, that would trigger your Bot. Another possibility is frequently running a scheduled Bot to check for new records.

Perfect that's kind of what I thought.  I'll go look at the API

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly 

Top Labels in this Space