Automation of Workflow-Action-Workflow

At the moment, as far as I know, you are allowed:
1 = An Action which calls a Workflow
2 = A Workflow which calls an Action

But you are not allowed an Action which calls a Workflow which calls an Action. Or an Workflow which calls an Action which calls a Workflow. Due to the possibility of creating a loop.

Does the automation section get around this restriction?

What Iโ€™m trying to achieve is to press a button and that create a very complex series of events which looks at multiple tables and creates possibly up to 500+ new rows. The issue at the moment is that the action is running entirely on the clients PC and the sync can take 10-15mins to complete. I want to move it to running on the server instead.

0 4 182
4 REPLIES 4

In light of our recent studies on Automation feature as well as advices from Appsheet team, yes, we can invoke action through the workflow with automation.
Our conclusion so far with Automation is this aspect is one of the addition by Automation

Hi @tsuji_koichi Iโ€™m not sure I follow your answer hereโ€ฆ Can you rephrase it please

Sure.

You make a one event. Lets say new row added to table 1 event.

Aside that, you create process A.

This will add new row to table 2

Additionally to crate process B

This will add new row to table 3

then you create your bot.

Event is the one just created. Listen the event of new record added on table 1.

This triggers process.

On your bot, you select Process A as parent (first) process. Then secondly add process B.

Once the condtions meets, ie. new row added to table 1, then process A and B will be fired in sequence.

All the things are happening on different table, but single bot will do that jobs.

Data change in table/2 is managed by workflow. But this can trigger another workflow.

Hope it is clear now.

Additional noted.

Yes, under the curent workflow we could do the same, as we add multiple actions into one workflow to do the exactly same.

But as far as I see, what s the thing we can newly do with automation is we are able to pass the values from process to process.

Once Process A is done, then pass that value to Process B.

This is awesome.

Top Labels in this Space