Automation, send email with csv attachment. Email generated correctly but attachment is not what I e

In Automation, email Attachment section, Create template gives just a list of fields, not a good script. I download this from Drive to desktop and edit (Notepad) to what I want on the template.  Upload the edited version to Drive. Now Drive has the old and new versions (with identical file names). 

Test the bot. Email is generated but with attachment csv based on the original template version, not the new version.. Should the uploaded template overwrite the old version? What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

Solved Solved
0 4 188
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks Joseph.  Got it now,  Looking at the screen for too long and not seeing it. Simple when you know what you are doing.

Now reporting correctly.  Your help is much appreciated

Andrew

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Template files are identified by GDrive's DocID, not by the filename or location. Go to the bot and set the template correctly in the bot's task.

Thanks. As I am clearly not doing this correctly please can you explain what I should be doing.

Go to the task, and just click on the little blue file icon, then browse to the desired template file.

Capture dโ€™eฬcran 2023-07-11 aฬ€ 00.49.10.png

Alternatively, just copy the new file ID and paste it after "DocID=".

Thanks Joseph.  Got it now,  Looking at the screen for too long and not seeing it. Simple when you know what you are doing.

Now reporting correctly.  Your help is much appreciated

Andrew

Top Labels in this Space