Automation task with a reference column impact

Hi, I need to make an automation  that when I change or add a row in table "A" ,  if a column before is changed from "x" to "y"  in "A" the automation set the value of a column "z" in a referenced table "B". Can someone tell me please if is it possible and if yes which type of action I need? Thanks. PS ; Can I view an automation log for seeing which bot have ran? 

Solved Solved
0 8 198
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You will need to create a new action for the target table that sets the desired column values for a given row, then invoke this action from the other.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Denis_Dal_Soler wrote:

Can I view an automation log for seeing which bot have ran? 

Monitor automation - AppSheet Help

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Denis_Dal_Soler wrote:

if is it possible

Yes.

@Denis_Dal_Soler wrote:

which type of action I need

Data: execute an action on a set of rows

Data: set the values of some columns in his row

Dear @Steve  I've checked the monitor and the condition in the process runs correctly. The problem is in the "Step". I set "Run a data action" -> "Run actions on rows" but in the "Reference Action" I find only "Delete" and I can't set my   value in column "z" (referenced  table "B") with my value. Where I am wrong? Thanks..

You will need to create a new action for the target table that sets the desired column values for a given row, then invoke this action from the other.

Thanks @Steve  now it's more clear! Can you tell me please where I can find informations about use of "test" in "Automation"? I'd like to find which conditions of my automation doesn't work as I want! Thanks.   Test function.png

Click it and see what happens.

Troubleshoot bots - AppSheet Help

Sorry @Steve  but If I need to have an "Event" that works within a Table "A"  (with a condition on column "x") but when it  accurs I need to set a value in another reference table (B) in it  column y, How can I do? I created the event but I can't  build the correct process because it let me only build process (and actions) in the same table A (and not B). Thanks 

I already answered this.

Top Labels in this Space