Automation versus speed

Hi,

I would like to automate an App to make it as easy as possible for my field workers to use it. I would like to have an idea of how much such automation would affect app performance versus having a more hands-on app. With the hands-on way, the fieldworker will read a task and then go to relevant other views to add or change data and then go back to tick task as done.

With the automated way, the fieldworkers click on the task and are taken directly to the relevant form views to add related task data to all required rows.

The automation would entail creating about 200 virtual SELECT columns each taking the user to a unique slice and views of different tables within the app. The app has about 40 Tables.

What would you recommend, automation or hands-on?

Thank you

0 2 87
2 REPLIES 2

The 200 VC's are concerning.  I'd have to understand why you think you would need that many before offering an answer.

Thanks for getting back.

I want to make the app as easy as possible for the field workers. The ideal would be for them to only see a list of tasks, click on the due task and be linked directly to the actions they have to perform to complete that task. By selecting the task you can clearly see the progress. To accomplish this you have to create one or two VC linked to unique Slices and Views so that only the relevant information show when selecting a task.

The hands-on way implies them having a deeper understanding of the app allowing them to read a task and then go to the relevant views, perform the actions required and then go back to the task to mark it as completed. This mean they can also tick a task as done without actually doing all the required actions and to monitor if the actions were done you have to go to different tables and views.

So it comes down to an easy to use and more accountable app but slower (how much slower??) vs a harder to use and less accountable but faster.

Thank you

Top Labels in this Space