Automation

Hi,

I'm creating a bot which should notify the 'former' Department Head that an Employee was reassigned to 'another' Department. If I wouldn't have nor I should have any specific 'former' department name and 'another' department name in the filter condition statement because there were options there, so it'd vary. What do I state in the trigger for the changes made particularly in Department?

Any idea would be appreciated!

Solved Solved
0 10 192
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@paula wrote:

What do I state in the trigger for the changes made particularly in Department?

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Department] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Department]โ€‹

View solution in original post

You can use this formula 

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Department]

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

@paula wrote:

What do I state in the trigger for the changes made particularly in Department?

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Department] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Department]โ€‹

Thank you so much!

And perhaps, do you know how can I include the former Department in my email template as shown below?

paula_0-1676432290591.png

Again, thanks!

You can use this formula 

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Department]

Thank you! Do I add a column for [new department] where this should be placed?

Oh nevermind, I see I just had to copy it in my <<>>. Thanks again!

Sir @JuneCorpuz , there's a problem, say the employee was reassigned to different Departments, it goes like this,

paula_0-1676445877955.png

gives me ALL the former Department, starting from the first alteration. What do I do to just get the very last? Thank you!

I saw why, I have all the positions filled when chosen once. And never altered in the excel, just adds to another.

paula_0-1676446826340.png

But the reason I needed to separate [Position] per department is because I have different positions for each. And so I have made this columns REF type. Can you help me solve this? Thank  you!

@paula wrote:

gives me ALL the former Department, starting from the first alteration. What do I do to just get the very last?

AFAIK this will only give you the most recent value.

Okay sir, please take a look at this.

paula_1-1676452126615.png

paula_0-1676453559688.png

As I mentioned, I have several [Positions], therefore I could not state just [Position] because it would differ, it could be [Acctg Position], [Admin Position], [CMG Position], so on. So I did above. Since I have in the excel some of those true (they are also last position), it displays too. Do you know how I should sort it out? Thanks so much again for your time!

You can add a new column called 'Previous Position' and create an automation with branching conditions to update this column if you change the [Acctg Position], [Admin Position] or [CMG Position] and put that in your report

Top Labels in this Space