Avoid constant synchronization of FIXED/DIM/Master tables, with low rotation of changes 2000 records

Greetings to the whole community.

I have a case with a master table of "products", which has approximately 2000 records, but it is updated only once a week, in terms of prices, descriptions, elimination or registration of products, is there a way to update only that table on request, that is, that the recurring synchronization process that allows the synchronization of the local data of the device with the server (MYSQL in my case), does not take it into account if not under the user's request. Some Security Filter condition or some set like Delta Set On (Behavior/ Offline/Sync /Sync: Cloud to Data Source /Delta), that can condition this? The idea is clearly to avoid constantly synchronizing a DIM (master) table and reduce routine synchronization times. @Steve 

0 2 123
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Not possible. All data to be used by the app is downloaded each time a sync occurs. You can try using delta sync, but that causes a whole raft of problems, so I don't recommend it.

You can try setting Are updates allowed? for the table to read-only, which will prompt the AppSheet servers to cache the table, reducing calls back to your database, but I don't believe it affects data sent to the app--but I may be wrong. Worth a try. Note that when AppSheet caches the table, it does so for a fixed time (5 minutes? 15 minutes? Something like that), so even if the database changes, AppSheet (and therefore your users) will not see the changes until the cache expires.

First, take comfort in knowing that the added time to a Sync for a read-only table of only 2000 rows is likely less than 2 seconds.

Also, I believe that there is some optimizations that happen within AppSheet.  I have been testing Sync times for an Inquiry app the past couple days.  Tables set for "Updates" or "Read Only", I am not seeing table reads happening each time. 

On the other hand, a table that was set as "Adds" was updating on every Sync. I changed it to "Read Only" and it is still being read, again according to logs, on every Sync.  Maybe there is some policy thresholds that need to be met first before it doesn't encounter table reads during Sync?  

Top Labels in this Space