Avoid repeating data in a view

I am making a scoring table for a soccer school, where a 2008 category player can play in both 2008 and 2007.

The drawback that I have when making the scoring table view, it appears to me as seen in the graph (the playerโ€™s name is repeated as many times as it appears in the table that captures the goals of each game).

In the example, the player scored three goals in two different games in the same category (2007), which is why he appears twice in the table, if he played in 10 games and scored goals in all of them, he would appear 10 times. What I try to do is that it only appears once in each category that participates and shows the accumulated goals.

3X_8_e_8e87a536d45f58c68ec55bbd836b0300a6bcc940.png

0 2 99
2 REPLIES 2

There are a couple ways to handle this:

1. Have another Table (maybe Stats table?) that has one row per player and has the summary of the season stats. Then you would just show this table in your view straight away, no filtering, only displaying the desired stats. This approach makes sense if you are tracking a bunch of statistics.

2. Add a Virtual Column to the table - maybe โ€œTotal Goalsโ€. Then insert the App Formula to calculate the season goal total for that player. Thise does mean that you will have this Total Goals value one every row for that player. But I think it makes sense. Now, you can create a view on filtered rows, one for each player in each year, and simply display the Total Goals column.

Thank you very much for all your support, I will do what you propose.

Greetings.

Top Labels in this Space