BOT Error - Action cannot be applied because all changes have been filtered by the action condition

jyothis_m_0-1678689557629.png

I am seeing this error lately for BOTs that do Data Change Actions.

These Actions have "Only if this condition is true" expressions

If this condition is not met now the BOTs fail and subsequent steps are not executed.

Earlier, it was running without error. If the condition was not met for any action then it was skipped. But now it thows error.

May be the team has made some changes in this aspects of app. But i didn't find anything in release notes either.

4 22 729
22 REPLIES 22

Yes, there are two more posts during the weekend with the same issue description.

Error info explanation requirement - Google Cloud Community

Looping with actions - Google Cloud Community

You may want to add someone from AppSheet team in this thread if you are convinced of the bug.

I have not faced this issue, but I will test whenever possible and revert.

Thank you @Suvrutt_Gurjar for sharing the similar threads. I did a search but couldn't find these.

@Suvrutt_Gurjar wrote:

You may want to add someone from AppSheet team in this thread if you are convinced of the bug.

Can you please help me with this. Whom should i loop from google

@jyothis_m wrote:

Can you please help me with this. Whom should i loop from google

Sorry, that I do not know a specific name. Previously @AleksiAlkio and @Steve used to help us community members in taking up with the concerned developer team.

Nowadays, I think we contact an AppSheet team person based on who has announced a feature. For existing functionality, I am really not sure.

Hi, I would propose to send the details to support so devs could check if it has something to do with possible changes.

Are you going to look into the ticket once the issue is reported to the support desk formally?

If so, it makes sense.

I have contacted the appsheet support through Chat and conveyed this issue. Told that it is passed to the developement team. Hope they resolve the issue.

Hi @jyothis_m ,

Would you please post any updates from the support team as and when you get those for the benefit of other community.

Sure ofcourse ๐Ÿ˜Š

HBT
Silver 4
Silver 4

I have the same problem.. It seems like a general problem.

@devingu 

Can you share what the latest is with this critical issue? If the support desk has already announced something in other thread (which I may look over), could you share it with us?

Obviously this is a serious bug, but we could not locate any formal response to the community, althrough such a critical issue is affected the number of app creators.  

This is one of the sample case, where we app creator is not happy with current support quality of AppSheet.....

As you can imagine, bunch of apps are out of order for the moment globally.

@jyothis_m 

@takuya_miyai 

Hi @devingu 

I agree with @Koichi_Tsuji on need for regular updates on major issues.

Suggestion: While support desk procedures may be in place to  log in issue/request, a broadcast/announcement post in community on major issues will help all a lot.  Such posts can be pinned in the announcements or QA section of the community portal for easy reference.

The previous AppSheet team was very responsive on major issues with pinned posts , a very few samples posts are below. Our escalation path was @Steve / @AleksiAlkio in the community. They were very responsive and they used to alert the development team and regularly update the community. They had almost 24 hours overlap so we used to get almost 24*7 assistance/updates on major issues.

RESOLVED: Issues with AppSheet Service: June 17 20... - Google Cloud Community

Ongoing issue loading files from Google Drive - Google Cloud Community

Intermittent Error 400 and Error 500 For Workflow ... - Google Cloud Community

[RESOLVED] If you're currently experiencing error ... - Google Cloud Community

Hope you can follow a similar responsive mechanism.

Hi all. Devs are aware of this and as per my understading, fix for this is coming later today.

Superb. (You are so as well)

@AleksiAlkio 

Thanks for the update ๐Ÿ˜Š

Let s keep fingers crossed.

jyothis_m_0-1678787023075.png

got a message from support team

Thanks for sharing.

Yes, will see.

(I dont have much of hope to the support desk and not really trusting their update though...)

Used to be story....

I think this issue is now resolved @zito Automation critical problem and workaround - Bots failing on action's condition although i didn't receive any update on the case i raised with support team.

We feel assured for this particular issue but annoying. Our concern over AppSheet support remains....

I can confirm that this Bug is fixed now.

Top Labels in this Space