BOT Locale Settings

I use a BOT to copy a DATE from one table to another table as text with the following expression

jyothis_m_0-1657952521681.png

[Done on] is of Type DATE 

Both my Google Sheet and Appsheet Table Locale as matching English(UK)

The issue I am facing is that when the BOT copies the data, the date is written as mm-dd-yyyy instead of dd-mm-yyyy. Which means BOT writes DATE in English(US).

Is there any option to change the Locale Settings which BOT uses while handling dates.

I know that I can use the TEXT() function to force the date format but since both my Google Sheet and Appsheet Table Locale are English(UK), I want to know where the Locale is getting changed.

Also I have several actions in which date is copied in such way. I will have to edit each one of those to include the Text([Date],"dd-mm-yyyy") if there is no other option. 

Hoping that there is an easier solution that I missed out.

0 9 150
9 REPLIES 9

If my memory serves me right, I recollect a recent post from @Steve that at AppSheet server level , the dates are handled in MM/DD/YYYY format, when BOTs run.

That probably explains. You may need to use TEXT() functions. However please wait for any more confirmation on the topic. If I find that note by @Steve , I will reference it here.

Edit: The note by @Steve 

Solved: Date Format - Google Cloud Community

However he talks about dates in text format. So please wait till more confirmation/ guidance from @Steve or other community members on your question. My interpretation could be incorrect.

Thank you @Suvrutt_Gurjar 

One more thing that I noticed is that when a BOT writes times with NOW() function it does not follow the Timezone defined in the GoogleSheet or Table. It just writes the UTC Time which causes timestamp mismatch between Times Written by BOT and those entered through App. I think there should be some method to control these aspects of BOT. @Suvrutt_Gurjar @Steve 

Controlled here:

Steve_0-1658761165344.png

Thank you @Steve 

My BOT is triggered by Data change. Will the Timezone work in that case also?

A bot triggered by a data change should use the time zone of the device that made the data change.

Hi @Steve but in my case eventhough the BOT is triggered by data change and when the BOT writes times with NOW() function, it does not follow my device TimeZone or Table's Locale setting , both being UTC+05:30. It follows UTC.

Time zones are very difficult to manage and troubleshoot. I recommend you engage Support, where someone can look at your app directly and hopefully find the cause of the unwanted behavior.

Attn @Aleksi 

Thank you Steve.

Top Labels in this Space