BUG: Automation

I was reviewing my Bots to see if any can be improved and several could be simplified by adding or modifying the Conditions ("the optional condition that is checked before firing the action"). What I'm experiencing that I believe to be a bug is that when assigning a Condition to a Bot, it replaces the Condition expression for other Bots (some, but not all). For example, after inputting a Condition expression for Bot-A (before clicking Save in the Editor), the Condition expressions for Bot-B and Bot-C now show the same condition that was input for Bot-A.  After changing the expression for Bot-B back to what it should be, then Bot-A and Bot-C will both show the same expression that was just input for Bot-B.  I am experiencing the exact same thing in my other apps as well. Has anyone else encountered this?

Solved Solved
0 4 121
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Neither. I'm saying all 3 of your current bots are sharing the same Event, so if you change that Event's config, it will affect all of your bots. If you need to change the Event config for one Bot, differently than for another Bot, then you need to create a new Event for one or the other.

But also yes to the 2nd one, Events should all have their own unique names.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

That's not a bug. Bot elements are modular and can be shared and re-used, it sounds like all 3 of your bots are sharing the same Event. You just need to make a new event for each one that you want to be different.

Thanks for responding, Marc.  Are you saying that Bots cannot share the same Event type (Data Change), or did you mean that each Event must have a unique name?

Neither. I'm saying all 3 of your current bots are sharing the same Event, so if you change that Event's config, it will affect all of your bots. If you need to change the Event config for one Bot, differently than for another Bot, then you need to create a new Event for one or the other.

But also yes to the 2nd one, Events should all have their own unique names.

Okay, I understand now. I didn't notice that the Link setting was turned on, so the three affected Bots are sharing the same event. Lesson learned and I won't be toying with that setting any further because it seems like something that can be easily overlooked. If the chainlink icon were more prominent, perhaps it would've caught my attention. As always, thanks for your help, Marc!

Top Labels in this Space