BUG: Expression in "Are Updates Allowed?" is no longer working?

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

We have had expressions in the "Are Updates Allowed?" area of the Table Settings for years.  This week they seem to have stopped working...both in un-deployed apps (several of them) AND,  just reported this afternoon, a live production app.  The issues is preventing the conditional showing of the Add and Edit buttons.

UPDATE:  the issue reported by the client in the production app was NOT related.

I have not been able to isolate any particular "thing" in the expression that is causing an issue.  If I removed the expression altogether then the Add/Edit buttons are shown as expected.

Thoughts????

Sample Expression below...

Location of the Table Settings referred to

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 6.59.04 PM.png

An example expression, simply removed the test values for security

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 6.58.49 PM.png

Solved Solved
1 7 150
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Based on this reply,  I logged out of the app, closed all AppSheet tabs, cleared cache, logged back in and the issues was no longer present.

I do log into 2 different AppSheet accounts on frequent occasions.  So maybe AppSheet became confused as to which account is for tab session??

Clearing browser cache should not be the permanent fix for this.  I believe the correct solution should be for AppSheet to mange its cookies/session details across the multiple tabs.  This is likely not a common use case so changes for it are ify,

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Is the same behavior affecting all app users?

I don't know the answer to that.  I am having a meeting with that client today and will ask.

However, for me, it was working one day as I ran several tests.  But I access the apps again a couple days later and I can no longer Add or Edit - unless I completely remove the expression.  

FYI, it is the evaluation of the condition that is having an issue.  If use something like "0=0" or "text="text", these evaluate fine.

If I use CONTAINS(USEREMAIL(), "gmail.com"), or something based on a User Slice like ANY(CurrentUser[program]) = "Program Name", these are no longer evaluating like they should.

By any chance you are using the app with a wrong email? When with desktop, check what it shows as a user from the upper left corner > Upper menu. I have seen few times with my own apps when I have opened more apps with the same browser, it has somehow confused and the other app didn't work properly.

This is all done within the Editor.  I rarely ever launch a Desktop version of the app.  Regardless, I checked the email address indicated on the browser page and it does match with the Preview App as email address.

However, I have been switching back and forth between two accounts.  I will try closing all AppSheet pages, logout, clear browser cache, login and retry the functionality within the app.

As a side note...it turns out the client's issue was different.  They are not seeing any issues with their production version of the apps.  For now, this is only an issue in my app copies that are undeployed.

When testing with the editor/emulator, I have seen also that the email is wrong (because of other tabs with different account opened). Check what the emulator shows as a user.

Based on this reply,  I logged out of the app, closed all AppSheet tabs, cleared cache, logged back in and the issues was no longer present.

I do log into 2 different AppSheet accounts on frequent occasions.  So maybe AppSheet became confused as to which account is for tab session??

Clearing browser cache should not be the permanent fix for this.  I believe the correct solution should be for AppSheet to mange its cookies/session details across the multiple tabs.  This is likely not a common use case so changes for it are ify,

Good to hear!

Top Labels in this Space