Back button - multiple actions

Hi!

In my there is an action for "copy this row and edit the copy". My workers do this action X times.

Wojciech_Sz_0-1644499711085.png

The problem is that they need to press the back button X times to back to the table view. How to construct the action for going back to the table view in one click?

Solved Solved
0 6 735
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Okay. I figured it out!

You need to create an action "App: go to another view within this app" with code:

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("TableName_Inline", [RefColumn] = [_THISROW].[RefColumn])

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Okay. I figured it out!

You need to create an action "App: go to another view within this app" with code:

LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW("TableName_Inline", [RefColumn] = [_THISROW].[RefColumn])

Your action seems to be placed on the detail view. So after action is invoked , it sounds that it is opening a form. Could you update any specific reason you wish to go to table view and not back to the detail view  after that copied form is filled?

You open the detail view. You want to create copy of this row using the action. You do this 20 times (so you are doing the copy of a copy, etc) After that you want to see the table view. You need to click 20 times "back button".

Okay not tested, but generally there is an action called LINKEDTOPARENTVIEW() that takes the user to the parent ( one level up) view. Hence asked the query.  Wanted to evaluate if you can use that action type.

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/1023058-app-column-type-deep-link

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/5429719-linktoparentview

Tried this. In this scenario works like back button.

Well, there are many times some workarounds possible. Anyway, good to know you have found the solution you want.

Or else another option would thave been to configure the "copy this row and edit the copy" action as an inline action in the table view. Then on form save of that of that  "copy this row and edit the copy" action, the LINKTOPARENTVIEW() action can be the event action on form save that will bring the view back to the table view.

Top Labels in this Space