Backlinks with an EnumList Base Ref

Hello,

From time to time in my apps I use EnumLists with the base type Ref, what I was wanting to know, is if it's possible to keep back linking with this type of field?

Like a normal referenced field, it's possible to click through to that referenced data, unfortunately this doesn't automatically become the case with an EnumList base type Ref.

What I might need to resort to is an interim table to link one to many references, if this isn't possible. Has anyone found any reasonable work around for this?

Thanks.

0 3 829
3 REPLIES 3

You can create a Virtual Column manually that does the same as any [Related ..] one.

You will need to use a FILTER() condition and an IN() expression to filter it

Thanks for your quick reply, I can't understand how the use of virtual columns would work in this situation.

Do you have an examples or screenshots of this in practice?

Thanks and sorry for my misunderstanding.

Sorry, I misunderstood. Anyway, an Inline view would help in this case if you really need to have that reference.

• Hide the EnumList from your Detail View
  • Make Virtual Column of List type that just replicates the same data inside the EnumList. Something like this:

[EnumListColumn]โ€‹

• I recomend you to use a Slice with readonly or updates only capabilities and use it instead of the main table on the List column
Top Labels in this Space