Barcode Scanning (Multiple Qty)

I am trying to build an inventory app using Barcode/QR code.

Problem Statement:
I am scanning just the QR code from the items and this is saved in google sheet immediately.

If the buyer is buying multiple quantities of the same item, then the same item is scanned again and does adding one more row is added to the sheet.

Now, i want to handle this situation differently and wish to auto increment one more column for Quantity. this will increment itself โ€˜nโ€™ number of times the code is scanned and only one row should be added to the sheet with total qty.

Please advise. (hope i was able to make you guys understand my issue)

Solved Solved
0 10 1,417
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I envision four actions needed:

1. Of type Data: set the values of some columns in this row that increments the Qty column value by one.

2. Of type Data: execute an action on a set of rows that locates the existing row of the same item type and applies action (1) to that row.

3. Of type Data: delete this row to delete the current row. Disable Needs confirmation? in the Behavior section.

4. Of type Grouped: execute a sequence of actions that performs actions (2) and (3) in that order. In the Behavior section, use Only if this condition is true to perform this action only if another row of the same type already exists.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hello @Rahul_Sanghavi, you could do it like supermarkets do it, you can scan the code but also have another column for loading the quantity in case thereโ€™s more than one, you can make it have a starting value of โ€œ1โ€ as well.

Thanks for the prompt answer.

Yes. That option is avaialable but i just wanted to avoid using the keyboard all together and does avoid the errors happening the manual data entry.

You would only use it when more than 1 product is required, i donโ€™t think it would be fun to scan the same thing 5 times either, instead of just typing โ€œ5โ€.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Iโ€™ve not done this myself, but I can imagine it would be possible.

Typically, barcode-scanning apps make use of a single-column form view with auto-advance and auto-save enabled. You could also add a Form Saved event action that looks for another row for the same item. If found, the quantity of the existing row is incremented and the new row is deleted.

Wow. this looks interesting. I surely have to try this way. I hope this solves the issue.

Thanks.

I was able to increment the qty column if newly scanned item already exists but i am not able to find the newly added row and delete it if similar item exists already.

Please advise.

I envision four actions needed:

1. Of type Data: set the values of some columns in this row that increments the Qty column value by one.

2. Of type Data: execute an action on a set of rows that locates the existing row of the same item type and applies action (1) to that row.

3. Of type Data: delete this row to delete the current row. Disable Needs confirmation? in the Behavior section.

4. Of type Grouped: execute a sequence of actions that performs actions (2) and (3) in that order. In the Behavior section, use Only if this condition is true to perform this action only if another row of the same type already exists.

Thanks. Now i could do this. Works perfectly as on now. I am still testing the app for all situations.

@Steve you are a genius.

Hi Steave I am new to appsheet and I am unable to figure out how to do this task. Can you please explain in details that what the code will be to execute the action which you told.

Thanks In advance.

The problem Rahul describes is precisely the one I am experiencing.  Sadly, I am entirely unable to follow your steps (I am new to Appsheet).  Would you be so kind as to append screenshots for this process?

Top Labels in this Space