Barcodescanner shows list only when found barcode

Hi!

I’m finishing up an app that’s supposed to be tried out and I made it so that in the upper search bar the data is scannable with a barcode.

The app already shows all data in the app and I would like it to only show when a barcode is scanned or a name is searched for example, else it’s supposed to not show the data.

How can this be done? Thank you!

0 3 116
3 REPLIES 3

It’s not clear what “it” refers to here. What is it that you want made visible when a barcode is scanned?

Thanks @WillowMobileSystems I’ll try to explain it more clearly.

My UX shows the data in Deck view. It shows all data, but I would like to see no data untill the search field on top of the screen is used to scan a barcode. I think the same mechanism would apply to searching manually for a name instad of scanning a barcode in this case.

I know I’ve seen it somewhere, but I cannot find where anymore…

I am not aware of any way to tie a view to Search/Filter field such that the view is blank until criteria is entered.

The only way I can think that such a feature could be possible is if you were to build your own Search capability within the app. For example, have a button named “Search” that when clicked opens a custom Form allowing entry of search criteria. Upon Save of that Form, then navigate to a filtered view that has applied the entered search criteria and shows only the matching rows.

Top Labels in this Space