Basic app formula understanding to display two referenced value together

Hello, I have a simple issue with app sheet formula but I can't seem to understanding it rationally. I have not much knowledge in this domain. Anyway I have First name and Last name in my sheet. Appsheelt lets me choose only 1 primary header colum for the display. I would like to display the full name. I am trying to add a virtual column that compute first name + last name (referenced by client id) = full name. 

Also, would it be better to simply have full name and not segregate first name and last name in sheet afterall? idk...

[Firstname] would return the first name ( or [ClientID].[Firstname])

[Lastname] would return last name ( or [ClientID].[Lastname])

I cant seem to find how to return both together.. like you can not do + cause it gives error and it makes sense too I believe but how to get the result I expect?

Solved Solved
0 1 134
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Found the solution. Asked chatgpt and he said to use  [FirstName] & " " & [LastName]

What I did is [ClientID].[FirstName] & " " & [ClientID].[LastName] as an app formula with a virtual column.

I am now able to display full name. Thank you. Thanks chatgpt lool. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Found the solution. Asked chatgpt and he said to use  [FirstName] & " " & [LastName]

What I did is [ClientID].[FirstName] & " " & [ClientID].[LastName] as an app formula with a virtual column.

I am now able to display full name. Thank you. Thanks chatgpt lool. 

Top Labels in this Space