Begginner issue: Why cannot appsheet see the data even if it's inserted from data explorer?

OK a Newbie here, though I've made an appsheet app many years before. I wanted to dive in deep but stuck at the essentials. It might seem stupid, but on the image you can see the arrow where I clicked on insert and you see what it says above. This app is a clone of IT Ticketing sample from appsheet. Similar things happened like "cannot find column 'Technicians' do you mean 'Technicians'?" any link you may suggest reading?  What I am trying to do here is get the Name value from the source sheet technicians, where 'name' matches 'email' row and hopefully on my next step of the expression : matches the useremail() . To put it another way : I want to bring the Name field from the Technicians sheet (or table should I say - it's a bit confusing here) using useremail() .Thanks in advance.appsheet.jpg

Solved Solved
0 4 119
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

[Technicians] in your expression is a name of a column not a table. You have to do some revisions ๐Ÿ™‚ but it's easy.

Just read these guides please and you'll easily get it:

View solution in original post

Yeah that data explorer thing is a little wonky.

It's a great idea, but like..... deployed at 68% functionality.  ๐Ÿคฃ

--------------------------------------------------------

Honestly I think you're better off NOT using that thing to insert your column names

• instead go to your data source and just copy the name of the column

• Boom... done.  No typos, no issues, no wasted time.  
    • Click click click (to get to the sheet),
    • copy,
    • click back to the app,
    • paste. 
    • Done

Hi @vaiari , you might want to try the LOOKUP() function for your specific purpose.

4 REPLIES 4

[Technicians] in your expression is a name of a column not a table. You have to do some revisions ๐Ÿ™‚ but it's easy.

Just read these guides please and you'll easily get it:

Hi @vaiari , you might want to try the LOOKUP() function for your specific purpose.

Yeah that data explorer thing is a little wonky.

It's a great idea, but like..... deployed at 68% functionality.  ๐Ÿคฃ

--------------------------------------------------------

Honestly I think you're better off NOT using that thing to insert your column names

• instead go to your data source and just copy the name of the column

• Boom... done.  No typos, no issues, no wasted time.  
    • Click click click (to get to the sheet),
    • copy,
    • click back to the app,
    • paste. 
    • Done

Many thanks to @Joseph_Seddik @pravse @MultiTech . There's for sure something's glitchy.

Top Labels in this Space