Beginner Conditional Q

Hi Everyone,

Just started using appsheet a few days ago, and I'm stuck. Hopefullyy someone with a bit of distance can spot the obvious wrong here!

I have a primary table called "readings" which the user populates through a form view.  When a user selects the [unit id], I want the [occupant id] in the field below it to dynamically fill. I have tried dereferencing. lookups and showifs. Here is the current formula in "readings" for the [occupant id]:

LOOKUP("[_THISROW].[Unit ID]", "Occupants", "Unit", "Name")

When I select a [unit id] that should match this condition, the form field for [occupant id] does not update.

Here are my tables:

sakuraicecoffee_0-1643216330916.png

sakuraicecoffee_1-1643216430300.pngsakuraicecoffee_2-1643216473706.png

If someone can point me towards a resource that would help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

0 4 69
4 REPLIES 4

Hello and welcome to the community!

Do you have one occupant per unit? or there can be many occupants per unit? Thanks.

Hi KJS, thanks for the welcome and quick reply!

There is many occupants per unit, but only one current occupant at a point in time.  Here is the relationship table:

sakuraicecoffee_0-1643226465848.png

I set it up using the star schema, using the guide from the office hours 20/6/20 webinar. 

Thanks

OK Thank you. Here's what to do:

• In Readings, make your Occupant ID a virtual column, type List, base Ref pointing to Occupants table.
  • It's app formula should be:  [Unit ID].[Related Occupants]

Up first I am seeing an interesting thing about your tables and references. 

1. It looks like the occupant ID should be marked as a reference where it is in your readings              table. 

I should be able to get you pointed in the right direction but I need a few things from you first. 

I am not sure what you are wanting in that field, do you want an ID number or do you want the name of a unit. I know it is odd but if you share a copy of your data with me I can understand more there. (So a copy of your google sheets.) craig@qrewtech.com 

Craig

QREW Technologies

Top Labels in this Space