Behavior - Actions - Behavior - "Only if this condition is true"

Ca.JPGtu.JPGHi Everyone,

I am building automation into my AppSheet and have a button to be pressed once it meets certain criteria. I want the button to only show in certain situations, my first iteration was this:

OR(
[Background Status]="Cleared",
[Background Status]="Contingent",
[Background Status]="Contingent - Not Cleared to Drive"
)

^This was simple and it worked 

And here are the additions I have made: 

AND(
ISBLANK([Automation Status]),
OR(
[Background Status]="Cleared",
[Background Status]="Contingent",
[Background Status]="Contingent - Not Cleared to Drive"
),
OR(
[Automation Message]="Missing HireRight Request Id",
[Automation Message]="Missing Greenhouse Candidate Id",
[Automation Message]="Missing Greenhouse Application Id",
[Automation Message]="No HireRight Data Found By Request Id",
[Automation Message]="No Greenhouse Data Found By Candidate Id",
[Automation Message]="No Greenhouse Data Found By Application Id",
[Automation Message]="System Issue"

))

But I am not seeing the button appear with this new iteration. I have been adjusting the top portion of the logic but not sure what I am missing.  Essentially what I want to happen is for the button to appear when the automation status shows blank or if the background status show (cleared, contingent, contingent - not cleared to drive) then if an automation message shows then for the button to show as well. 

This is my first time working with the behavior tab so I am still learning, so I appreciate any insights provided. Please let me know if I can provide any clarification on my explanation. 

0 2 507
2 REPLIES 2

Essentially what I want to happen is for the button to appear when the automation status shows blank or if the background status show (cleared, contingent, contingent - not cleared to drive) then if an automation message shows then for the button to show as well. 

I can't understand exactly the condition that you're trying for here. Can you write it another way?

Instead of using OR() to check a column against multiple values, it's easier to use IN(). Like this:

IN(
  [Background Status] ,
  LIST( "Cleared","Contingent","Contingent - Not Cleared to Drive")
)

It sounds like for starters, you can combine the above, in an OR(), with the ISBLANK(), like:

OR(
  ISBLANK([Automation Status]),
  IN(....)
)

Your AND is FORCING each of the separate stages of your expression to be TRUE for your button to appear.  If ANY of those stages doesn't return a TRUE value then the whole thing returns FALSE and your button will not appear.  Are you sure you want the AND?

Top Labels in this Space