Best Practices for Users

This is what I have thus far that is specific to AppSheet:

1. When opening the app, let it load and sync fully before switching to another app.

2. Stay in the app, or return to app, to allow syncing to finish; i.e., no more red numbers by the circular arrow in the top right. The app gives the focus to whatever is on the screen on your phone so you must be in the app for the sync to complete.

3. Close the app completely, a HARD close, at the end of the day or, preferably, after each use. For some reason, this is especially important on the newer iPhone 11. Please make sure the sync has completed, #2 above, before closing the app. Again, the iPhone 11 introduces an extra step to fully (hard) close the app. I make it a habit to hard close every open app each night. Since the Requests App is frequently being developed and enhanced, itโ€™s even more important to take this extra step after each time you use the app.

4. You must keep AppSheet installed on your phone, even after creating a shortcut for the Requests App. AppSheet is the container that Requests runs inside of. You can put the AppSheet icon on a back page or in a folder so it doesnโ€™t clutter your screen.

5. The most common problem occurs when Requests is left open on your phone and edits are made to the data structure. Right now, since the app is evolving, that can easily happen. The best prevention is to hard close your app after each time you use it. Make sure the sync is completed before you do this.

I welcome any and all suggestions and comments. Thanks.

1 0 113
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space