Best Way to Present a Related Form?

Not sure i have the right words for this, but i'll do my best to explain....
Working on a new addition to the patient app the doctors are using for their hospital rounds.

A request was submitted to add a feature that presents some additional fields to fill in if certain criteria are met. In this case, if patient flags that indicate heart failure conditions are selected, new fields are enabled to input echo and GDMT data for that patient. 

I started off creating a new "Echo" table that contained the fields required and also included a ref to _patientIdentifer so the records call all be tied back to the patient. It is important for keeping historical records of the previous echo readings so the doctors can get a pretty quick overview of past statistics.
I made a multi-tabbed view to contain the echo and gdmt fields for entry, but it seems the only way I can access this view is to click ADD next to the inline ref table.

Here's a screenshot from our favorite test patient, Demi Lovato (meaning this is not real patient data)
Screenshot 2022-06-02 08.21.10.png
and as you can see, the option to Add echo data does indeed show up, and when clicked, brings me here:
Screenshot 2022-06-02 08.24.19.png

and subsequently adds a record to the Echo table, attached the to patient.

Is there any way to somehow collect this data but in this position instead?

Screenshot 2022-06-02 08.21.58.png

What i want to have happen is if HFpEF or HFrEF are selected in the Flags section, the new form will appear, hopefully inline, to add that data....

But now that I think about this out loud, perhaps just having the Add button inline with the Echos ref is the better way, especially since access to that historical information is important. 

I think maybe I should just create a new action using the LINKTOVIEW() expression to create a new record, and make that button only visible if the heart failure conditions are present.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading this far ๐Ÿ™‚

Solved Solved
0 6 106
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

It appears you're using QuickEdit columns in a detail view. You cannot attach an action to a QuickEdit column. The best you could do is to have a virtual column to display immediately beneath the QuickEdit column and attach an action to that. Hide the column until its display is warranted.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

It appears you're using QuickEdit columns in a detail view. You cannot attach an action to a QuickEdit column. The best you could do is to have a virtual column to display immediately beneath the QuickEdit column and attach an action to that. Hide the column until its display is warranted.

will give it a shot, i think someone mentioned this method on a question i had last week.

thank you

feature request: add the ability to attach actions to <insert whatever you want here> ๐Ÿ˜

@Steve i sadly need a little more help with this.....

I cannot get my Show If filter to work right. I want the virtual column to show if the [Flags] column contains HFpEF or HFrEF but apparently i am doing something wrong

Screenshot 2022-06-02 09.12.16.png

as you can see in the screenshot, our fake patient has all the current flags toggled on.

My understanding of the expression i wrote is "if anything from this list appears in the flags value for this patient, show the virtual column."

What have i missed?

ISNOTBLANK(
  INTERSECT(
    [Flags],
    LIST("HFpEF", "HFrEF")
  )
)

the intersect() expression is new to me, so i'll be looking this up. Guess there's no way i would have come up with that. Seems that "Contains" could be expanded to perform the function i was looking for, but if this is the way, i shall learn it.

Top Labels in this Space