Best way to use calendar

Hello,

We are currently building an “inspection type app”. Basically we have one table that represent an invoice associated to this invoice we can have one or multiple event.
We need the event to be displayed in google calendar.
I am seeing multiple options and I can’t find a good one.

Only send an event in google calendar via action: this is working but it won’t work well if I edit or delete related invoice.

Add the google calendar in the data table, I can’t find a way to link the invoices to the event using a ref. Can it be done using a virtual column?

Create the event in AppSheet and then based on this event create the google calendar event. This is pretty simple for creation using workflow rules but harder if I want to edit or remove the calendar event. My other concern is that the data from google calendar is plus and minus 90 days. What’s happening if I go further.

I hope it all make sense, maybe my best bet is to tell people not to use google calendar for this worklfow?

Any thoughts and ideas are welcome

0 1 239
  • UX
1 REPLY 1

If anyone found this, what we have ended up doing is we use calendar title field as a ref.
It’s convinient as if the event is deleted in Google Calendar or the app it gets updated everywhere. All the rest of the information is stored in another table. Since it’s a one one relationship I would rather have everything stored in the same table and play with a slice but it didn’t work.

We still have issue with events in more than 3 months but that should be ok for this use case

Top Labels in this Space