Blank white screen requiring restart when opening app, any way to prevent this?

A user sometimes opens the app and is only seeing a blank white screen. It will stick there indefinitely, and they will have to close and re open it to get it to proceed.

3 10 5,633
10 REPLIES 10

I've been experiencing this too. If you learn anything helpful from AppSheet support, please share here.

I've been hearing reports of this over the weekend as well. There is a community post from last year that seems to be the same issue: https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Blank-Screen-White-Screen-after-sync-IOS-iPhone...

In that thread its indicated that the issue is caused by excessive consumption of device memory, causing the OS to kill the app. Supposedly a fix was pushed in December, but if your app is complex enough you could encounter this problem anyway. If you have a large/expensive app, I would look into ways to improve its scalability and increase performance (security filters, partitions and the like). A more efficient app should use less device memory. There are several help articles on https://help.appsheet.com about scaling your application if anyone needs more info. 

Otherwise, I would open a support ticket with AppSheet directly. 

Hi, are you opening using a shortcut? If so, we are seeing that iOS sometimes gets stuck while opening the shortcut. Does force closing the shortcut and safari work?

I'm encountering the same issue and yes force closing the shortcut will make the app run again but it happens X numbers of times every day and it's kinda annoying.

Try reinstall or reupdate your AppSheet. Make sure your data connection and internet are up.

I am also having this issue. I've been using AppSheet for a while and it's happening to a few of my apps and is super frustrating and embarrassing that my app does this repeatedly and I can't fix it. I have contacted support. 

Did this issue get resolved for apps running on IOS? I experience the same problem daily when using one of the applications, which makes demonstrating the app very difficult. 

@Harriswe are you using an app shortcut to launch the app?

@mandard Yes I am. Having to go and find the AppSheet icon on their phone or tablet would not work for some users, as they search for the app by its name. Hence the use of the short-cut. The app does have quite a few screens, but the data volumes are low (100s - a few 1,000 max) and makes use security filters to limit the data retrieved.

Top Labels in this Space