Bot Action Limits

Hello Everyone, 

I am having trouble with a bot, it stays stuck on 'processing'. The problem seems to be correlated to the number of rows it works with, anything more than 300 rows and the bot will fail. 

At first the bot ran a computation but now i've set it to set a column with the text "test". 

Any advice will be helpful. 

Thanks, 

Alex M 

0 2 121
2 REPLIES 2

Max run time is 300secs.  Anything over that and nothing happens, even if its already done 99% of the job.  To test if this is your issue simply put in something like [_RowNumber]=1000 to force it to run on just one row.

Various ways around it, but all centre on running it on a smaller group of rows.  Or try to make the entire bot a lot more efficent.

Here's some code to try that creates a slice of rows for the bot to run on.  

[_RowNumber]<=INDEX(Select(TableName[_RowNumber],ISBLANK([Sent])),50)

It pulls in 50 rows at a time, though I'm running  a bot on the entire table so you might need to mod this.  Then I setup multiple bots running at 5mins/10min/15mins... past the hour.

You want to aim for the bot to finish in < 150secs to allow for some increase later on.  Also note if the bot fails, it fails silently.  So you might want to build a mechanism for reporting when/if it fails.

Simon, 1minManager.com

Thanks for the advice I will definitely try this and report back !

Top Labels in this Space