Bot - Automation

Dear Friends, 

I have a doubt , Does bot triggers even when there is change or updates in sheets also  or it works in app only ? 

jaichith_0-1689488548509.png

0 5 97
5 REPLIES 5

In the article, it is mentioned that bot will be triggered when Adds, Deletes only. Is it the real fact? I need it for updates also. 

As mentioned in the article above, all data changes in the bot supported in the displayed image are supported by the data source being a spreadsheet program such as Googlesheet, Excel, etc.

The article refers to when data changes are made directly in the data source, which should not actually happen with applications of an app, since they make data changes directly in the app.

In plain language: If the app displays the data from the data source, then all 7 data change types will also work!

Ok let's check

@Tommy62 @Suvrutt_Gurjar @AleksiAlkio . 

I have enabled App Sheets Events To GSheet Name Feedback and Ratings. (Response sheet of a Google Form). This particular sheet has been added as a table to the app (Named as Feedback).

2nd  Table named as Orders was already created. 

An Action was created which sets row values to Order tables by using select (Feedback([Ratings], [Order ID] = [_ this row].[Order id]). 

I have created a event for the order table and linked it to the bot.

Whenever customer submits response (external event), this bot should be triggered and run and sets the values to order table. But this is not happening.  

Will the bot be triggered by the Google sheet's Events  if the data changes occurs in Feedback sheet ?And run an action to set values to another table order?

I have checked Automation Manager there was no such events present.

Top Labels in this Space