Bot Problem

I created a bot triggered by a new entry or update to a table.

This bot then sends an email to 3 recipients.

What is weird: when I or the other editor test the bot by creating a new entry via the app the event is triggered. When any of the other users does the exact same thing to the table the bot doesnยดt work and no email is sent.

What could be the reason?

Solved Solved
0 15 148
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Any chance you are using a stable version and all your users are in a version where your Bot doesn't exist?

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Is the app deployed? Though then it should send the email to app owner. What kind of app formula do you have with the Event's condition?

Yes, it is deployed. There is no condition 

The same setup works in a similar app. The Excel file that is attached works fine, too.  2024-04-16_12-09-02.png

Have you checked from the Audit History is the Bot triggered or not?

It seems you have to enable the option: "Bypass security filters"

Didnยดt work...

If the email for the TO: field is not read from another table that contains the email address, "Bypass security filter" should not have any affect. It would still send the email, but maybe without any data.

Problem is it seems to depend on the person updating the table (thus creating the trigger). When my colleague and I create a new entry, the bot is triggered. We are both editors to the app. Whern a simple user updates the table, nothing is triggered. So no email is sent.

Have you checked from the Audit history if the Bot is really triggered or not?

The bot is triggered. But only when the update is made by one of the two editors. Other usersยด updates do not trigger the bot.

I set up a completely new bot with the same features and it is exactly the same. When I update the table the bot works, when a user collegue does the very same nothing happens. Both entries are in the table.

Please check the Audit history what it shows when other users are updating the row. It should show the reason why the Bot is not triggered. You can find it from Editor > Manage > Monitor > Audit history > Launch log analyzer

Any chance you are using a stable version and all your users are in a version where your Bot doesn't exist?

Thank you, that was it. There were two versions and users were on the stable, my colleague and I on the latest version. So synchronizing that helped.

Excellent!

Could you share additional information especially regards how the process that sends the email (following the event) is set up?

Top Labels in this Space