Bot Triggering Bot Problem

Hi, I’m still learning these new Bots instead of the old workflows.

So I have an inventory management app that works a little like this. I have tables of Locations, Tools, Record of Tool Movement, and Quantity of Tools at Location. The Quantity of tools at location is an inline table that makes a row every time a tool is FIRST moved to that location then SUMs up all the Tool Movement Records to and from to give a quantity at that location (does not display if quantity is 0).

I have a Bot that makes a new Quantity of Tools at Location row every time a row is added to the Record of Tool Movement table if there wasn’t one already existing. That works fine when I individually make a new Record of Tool Movement row.

However, I’m trying to make a Move All Tools From Location function. To do this, I have a separate table I enter where From and To. This triggers another bot to make a bunch of Record of Tool Movement rows for every tool that was at that location moving to another. This should trigger the first bot to create Quantity of Tools at Location rows for all of these but it doesn’t for some reason.

The first bot still makes new Quantity of Tools at Location rows when I individually trigger the behavior the second bot is supposed to fire, but not when I use the second bot.

Like I said I’m still pretty new to these bots things, and I can see I can add another process after my second bot makes the Record of Tool Movement rows?

Solved Solved
0 3 189
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Data changes via Bot do not trigger other Bots, by default. You can try to turn this option on maybe.

3X_e_c_ec771b41e448dd63610146f33058177d51e033dc.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Data changes via Bot do not trigger other Bots, by default. You can try to turn this option on maybe.

3X_e_c_ec771b41e448dd63610146f33058177d51e033dc.png

That is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thank you. Any reason why this might be default to off? I feel like it intuitively should be on since this had me questioning all of my other behaviors instead.

Because that is a very new option that didn’t exist before. Bot data changes had never triggered other Bots before.

Top Labels in this Space