Bot caught in infinite loop?

I have been experimenting with a looping grouped action to create a set of rows in a table.  The action works fine when executed manually, so I decided to try triggering it using a bot which was watching for a data change add/update on another table.  Unfortunately, it looks like the bot-triggered action is caught in an infinite loop, and it has continually been removing and recreating a single row for at least a half hour.  

I have disabled the bot and saved the app, but it is still running.

I assumed the bot would time out after a couple minutes of run time, but it seems that that isn't the case.

Is there a way to kill it?  Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 2 146
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I assume this is sheet based which is why you can SEE that the row is being added/removed.  AppSheet should have protection against these use cases but it seems maybe not in this use case?

First, copy/duplicate the sheet or tab.  Then try to temporarily REMOVE/DELETE the tab from the sheet.  This should cause the insertion step to fail, stopping the server-side process.

Wait for a few minutes to make sure no re-try's are attempted and then put your tab back into the sheet.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I assume this is sheet based which is why you can SEE that the row is being added/removed.  AppSheet should have protection against these use cases but it seems maybe not in this use case?

First, copy/duplicate the sheet or tab.  Then try to temporarily REMOVE/DELETE the tab from the sheet.  This should cause the insertion step to fail, stopping the server-side process.

Wait for a few minutes to make sure no re-try's are attempted and then put your tab back into the sheet.

Good luck!

You are spot on:  The data is stored in Google sheets.  I could see that row disappearing and reappearing with a new row ID about every 2 seconds for the last hour.

Copying the sheet, deleting the original, then renaming the copy back to the original name did the trick. Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space