Bot changes unintended values

Hi,

I've been trying to send automated invoices, but my bot changes unintended values. Specifically, it seems like it rounds down the values to zero decimals of the invoice that is to be sent. It is supposed to trigger when checking all rows if some column is blank at a certain time. It sets some values for that row, send the email and changes some values again. Problem with this is, that it changes all decimal values of that row to zero decimals.

Because I was trying to fix the problem I've narrowed the process down to only setting the invoicedate, expiry date and to send the email. If I change the process to not change these values, but only to send the email, no unintended values change. Also important, this only occurs if I use the schedule event type, but not when it's a data change event type.

I really don't see the link to why the values would be rounded down to zero decimals for that certain row, when another column is just changed. Anyone who has experience with this?

Basically when changing a random value with a bot that is set on a schedule with ForEachRowInTable set to True, all decimal values of that filtered row change to zero decimals.

I forgot to mention that the columns that get rounded down are price columns.

Solved Solved
0 7 262
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please show screenshots of exactly how you have the bots and actions set up.

Are you using resetOnEdit at all?

Are there other bots that may be firing unintentionally?

Are you doing integer division in any of your expressions? 

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Fix-for-expression-giving-0-or-missing-decimal-p...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Appsheet Monitoring shows that the event itselfs still has the correct values rounded to two decimal places, but the input shows all values rounded to zero decimal places.

Using a slice still changes all the values.

At "Run a data action" I first used "Custom action" which provoked this weird behaviour. I tried added an "Action" which does basically the same thing which works when I click the button of that action, but when the action is fired in a schedule it rounds all decimal numbers again.

Hmm, usually I get a quick response, did I do something out order?

Yes. You replied to your own post, which makes it not show up in the "unanswered" section.

Ah thanks man. That's exactly what I usually do not do.

Please show screenshots of exactly how you have the bots and actions set up.

Are you using resetOnEdit at all?

Are there other bots that may be firing unintentionally?

Are you doing integer division in any of your expressions? 

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Fix-for-expression-giving-0-or-missing-decimal-p...

Perfect! Thanks, sorry for the slow reaction. I used a SUM() which was divided by some number. The SUM contained a LIST(0). Changing this to LIST(0.0) gave me the correct values, but using LIST(DECIMAL(0)) does the same trick! Thanks steering my into the right direction @Marc_Dillon ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Top Labels in this Space