Bot e-mail warning when not using e-mail

I have a bot that does not use e-mail, yet I'm getting warning "Since the app is not deployed, Bots will deliver email only to the app owner."  This did not appear until I created a bot.  This is a personal app and it works, but the OCD wants this warning gone.  Is there a way to get rid of it?

Solved Solved
0 2 702
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Yendor wrote:

Is there a way to get rid of it?

Yes, deploy the app.  If it is for personal use only, you can set the Personal Use setting (see image), deploy the app and get the benefit of a Prod-like app.  Side-benefit will be that the warning message will go away.  Otherwise, it is a general warning and AppSheet's way of making sure App Creators are abundantly aware the email functionality will not work in an undeployed app.

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 1.14.34 PM.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Yendor wrote:

Is there a way to get rid of it?

Yes, deploy the app.  If it is for personal use only, you can set the Personal Use setting (see image), deploy the app and get the benefit of a Prod-like app.  Side-benefit will be that the warning message will go away.  Otherwise, it is a general warning and AppSheet's way of making sure App Creators are abundantly aware the email functionality will not work in an undeployed app.

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 1.14.34 PM.png

Ok.  I was getting a big red "Data provider 'google_tables' not allowed with the FREE plan" error in the deployment check,  but the deployment still works and my data seems to be there, so I'll go with this and keep an eye on it.  Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space