Bot: how to get the "Event" row data?

Hi,

I have a bot that is triggered when a new row is added. I need to use a column from this row to calculate a column from another row of another sheet using the bot. How can I access the column value from the event row?

I was expecting something like [Event name].[colunm name] would work on a bot process, the same way we can use [Step before name].[colunm name] to get a returned value.

Solved Solved
0 8 314
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Actually it should be even easier than you think. A simple [DesiredColumn] should be enough

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Actually it should be even easier than you think. A simple [DesiredColumn] should be enough

It does not seem to work.

Fael_0-1665591660123.png

What I tried here is to filter the "Table 1" entries where the "Title" on "Table 1" has the same value as the "Title2" column on "Table 2", which is my Event row. (call this bot every time a new entry is added to "Table 2")

@Fael wrote:

which is my Event row

[_THISROW].

FILTER() - AppSheet Help

This is not particular to automation, it's just because you are using a Filter expression

I've tried thisrow already, but it didn't do much difference. Pretty sure I'm missing something here.

Fael_0-1665597957555.png

The event is fired on Table 2, right?

Yes:

Fael_1-1665598798595.png

Make sure every part of your automation uses the same table:

SkrOYC_0-1665599116696.png

Ok, gotcha. The problem here was the data source been using. I was using the new AppSheet database featurewhich is still in beta. I redid the exact same application using Google Sheets and the automation worked as expected, with no errors. I think I gotcha a bug here.

Anyways, your first answer was correct. Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space