Bot is not triggered by scheduled event

CVMA

Hi,

I have created an app where workflows can be made and started. These workflows have procedures and the procedures have tasks. These workflows can manually be started by assigning a person to it and clicking on a start button. This triggers three bots. The first one to start the workflow, a second one to start the procedure and the third one to start the tasks. These bots are triggered by each other. This is all working fine.

It would be great if some workflows can be started automatically. I want a certain workflow to start automatically when an employee resigns. I created an extra bot to check if any employee has resigned, if that is true I want it to start the other three bots. However, the bot does successfully trigger the first two bots, but not the last one. So, the workflow and procedures are started, but not the tasks.

Could anyone tell me why this is?
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks in advance!

0 9 178
9 REPLIES 9

Hi @CVMA Hope your app is deployed because scheduled bots only run on a deployed app.

Hi, @jyothis.m, no the app is not deployed, but I am able to test it properly. And it does work, so the scheduld event is triggered which also triggers the two other bots. I just donโ€™t understand why it is not triggering the last bot.

May i know how the schedule event event is getting triggered. Also can you pls check if there is any condition to check set for last bot before execution.

CVMA

@jyothis.m The bot is triggered when the date of resignation is 7 days from today:
3X_0_0_0074c667db5ef7ec4123e8b82707d9574cf1cec5.png

There are no conditions on the last bot. It should be triggered when a procedure is added to a table.

@CVMA I think a BOT can be triggered either by a data change or on a schedule. May i know where you are entering this expression.

Does the last BOT trigger when you are manually adding the procedure to the table from form.

CVMA

@jyothis.m This is what the event looks like

3X_7_c_7cec64d85d6bf193d6ca99a8699bd9eb70930124.png

The workflow doesnโ€™t trigger when I manually add the procedure to the table. Iโ€™m not sure about the following, but I think I would need the appsheet add-on for that, which I donโ€™t. Iโ€™m also unable to find or download the add-on.

Sorry I didnโ€™t fully understand that. Which add-on are u mentioning about.

Thank you @Steve. Thatโ€™s new to me also.

Top Labels in this Space