Bot not running daily

Hello,

I have an app that has tasks assigned by due dates. I am trying to get a bot to run daily and send a notification for any overdue tasks that are not complete. I have created and scheduled a bot to run daily at 0900. This is my filter condition formula "and([Due]<today(),not([Status]="Complete"))". I checked yes for the Bot to bypass security filters. 

When I click run to test it, the bot works correctly and sends out the notifications. It does not seem to run daily at 0900 though. When I look at the Automation Monitor, it shows the ones from when I manually click run to test it but it does not show any attempted runs daily at 0900.

Any thoughts on what I am missing? I am new to building out bot automation. Thanks in advance. 

0 14 249
14 REPLIES 14

Please share your Bot setup so we would be able to help you, thanks. 

Are you sure these are from a correct Bot? This is a data change Bot, not a scheduled Bot.

Ah sorry, great catch. I took screenshots of the wrong bot. Here are the correct screenshots.

Screenshot 2024-04-20 1.22.24 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-20 1.22.18 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-20 1.22.02 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-20 1.21.47 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-04-20 1.21.23 PM.png

Is your app deployed?

Yes, I do have it deployed.

Screenshot 2024-04-20 1.33.49 PM.png

What happens if you write something like [_ROWNUMBER]=2 to your condition?  Does it trigger one notification?

Were you thinking something like this?

"and([Due]<today(),not([Status]="Complete"),[_RowNumber]=2)"

I tried that and manually ran the bot but that does not trigger a notification. I assume because the task in RowNumber 2 is either not overdue or it is already complete.

Just the _ROWNUMBER, nothing else.

I just tried putting only that into the Filter condition but that does not generate a notification either.

When I manually run my original Filter condition it initiates the correct notifications. But for some reason, it will not run it automatically on a 24 hour schedule.

Then you can be sure that the condition is not the reason. Your setup seems be just fine.

Okay, thanks for the help anyway. I appreciate it. Maybe I will just delete the bot entirely and start fresh with a new one and see if that is like "rebooting a computer." 

Hello - There are some excellent insights here Scheduled Bot not Running
Would you review the considerations there - especially around if there are any conditions or security filters that would restrict the rows returned?

In this case the reason is none of them which makes it difficult to find out why the Bot is not triggered at all.

Thanks for sending those insights. I've read through them before but just I read them again. The bot works when I manually run it to test it but then does not run at the scheduled time. So it seems like it could be because of the security filters causing the bot not to see any of the data. I have made sure to check the button "Bypass Security Filters" to allow the bot to run as if there are no security filters though. That is what I am unable to figure out.

Top Labels in this Space