Bot not triggered when row is added by Google Forms add-on for AppSheet

Following a suggestion in an earlier post, I installed the AppSheet add-on in Google Forms, and for a while this seemed to succeed in triggering a bot when a form was submitted, but now I find that it is no longer working.

When I submit a form, a row is added to the corresponding spreadsheet and to the AppSheet table, but the bot is not triggered. When I add a row through the AppSheet GUI, the bot is triggered. The bot is enabled.

What could be the problem?

Solved Solved
0 3 106
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

With the caveat that I've not used the AppSheet-Forms integration and, so, don't know whether what you're observing is expected behavior, my next suggestion is that you may need to use External eventing with Google Sheets - AppSheet Help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Have you double-checked that the added row meets the trigger criteria - if any?

Also, check the Monitor page for any reported errors.

With the caveat that I've not used the AppSheet-Forms integration and, so, don't know whether what you're observing is expected behavior, my next suggestion is that you may need to use External eventing with Google Sheets - AppSheet Help

Thanks. It seems that it stopped working when I linked my form to a new spreadsheet and forgot to perform the following steps for the new spreadsheet:

1. Open a spreadsheet and select Extensions > AppSheet Events > Enable for document to enable the add-on.
  2. Enable Add-ons> AppSheet Events > Turn events on/off > sheet for each sheet from which you want to send events.

Once I did that, the bot once again triggered upon Google Forms submissions.

Top Labels in this Space