Bot not triggering when a row is added

Hello,

I’m relatively new to appsheet and I’m having some issues getting a bot to trigger automatically.

I have an event that is supposed to be triggered by this condition.

ISNOTBLANK([_THISROW].[Related Logistics By Sales Order])

When I fill out the form that adds the record it doesn’t trigger the event. I go to the bot and click on “Test”

I check the row that meets the condtion above and it marks it as true.

If I click execute on the process everything works as it should. So the event condtion is being met but the process is not triggering automatically.

Does anyone have any ideas why ?

edit:
Bot is enabled
&
Tested with app being deployed.

Solved Solved
0 6 406
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You have a Projects Table, and a Logistics Table, in a parent and child relationship.

• Are you perhaps trying to trigger a Bot on the Projects Table, when a new related record is added on the Logistics Table?

If so, the way you have it set up now isn’t going to work. [Related…] is a Virtual Column, data changes due to re-calculations of a VC expression do not trigger Bots. You should instead set up the Bot for Adds-only on the Logistics Table, and use dereference expressions to pull values from the parent record.

Or my guess is wrong, and you can ignore all of this…

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

1. Make sure the bot is Enabled.
  2. Is the app deployed?

Hey Oscar,

Yes the bot is Enabled and I’ve tried running it on prototype state and deployed state and there is not difference.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Remove [_THISROW].

Hey Steve,

I’ve removed [_THISROW] but it doesn’t help at all.

You have a Projects Table, and a Logistics Table, in a parent and child relationship.

• Are you perhaps trying to trigger a Bot on the Projects Table, when a new related record is added on the Logistics Table?

If so, the way you have it set up now isn’t going to work. [Related…] is a Virtual Column, data changes due to re-calculations of a VC expression do not trigger Bots. You should instead set up the Bot for Adds-only on the Logistics Table, and use dereference expressions to pull values from the parent record.

Or my guess is wrong, and you can ignore all of this…

Marc

You’re exactly right ! Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space