Bot shows no error in Monitor but the data won't change

I'm making a sales management app, and one of the bot as below works (show no error in Monitor and Audit Log) but won't change real data. Could anyone give me the advice to solve it?

โ—Bot
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Event: The shipping Date in Order has changed
Process: Change Order status depending on the shipping Date๏ผˆFrom "ๅ—ๆณจ" to "็™บ้€ๆบ–ๅ‚™ไธญ" or "็™บ้€ๆธˆ" ๏ผ‰
- - - - - - - - - - - -

โ—In the Monitor Status has been changed to "็™บ้€ๆธˆ"

ใ‚นใ‚ฏใƒชใƒผใƒณใ‚ทใƒงใƒƒใƒˆ 2023-01-26 8.42.48.png

โ—Audit Log shows no error

ใ‚นใ‚ฏใƒชใƒผใƒณใ‚ทใƒงใƒƒใƒˆ 2023-01-26 8.44.26.png

ใ‚นใ‚ฏใƒชใƒผใƒณใ‚ทใƒงใƒƒใƒˆ 2023-01-26 8.43.44.png

โ—But the real data in Spread sheet won't change. It is still "ๅ—ๆณจ". Not "็™บ้€ๆธˆ".

ใ‚นใ‚ฏใƒชใƒผใƒณใ‚ทใƒงใƒƒใƒˆ 2023-01-26 8.43.10.png

โ—Column setting of Status

ใ‚นใ‚ฏใƒชใƒผใƒณใ‚ทใƒงใƒƒใƒˆ 2023-01-26 8.55.53.png

ใ‚นใ‚ฏใƒชใƒผใƒณใ‚ทใƒงใƒƒใƒˆ 2023-01-26 8.55.42.png

ใ‚นใ‚ฏใƒชใƒผใƒณใ‚ทใƒงใƒƒใƒˆ 2023-01-26 8.55.30.png

Sorry for some Japanese including.

What is the problem, and how I can solve it...?

Thank you for every comment.

โ€ƒ

Solved Solved
0 6 269
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Kawano164 wrote:

the cell value was changed once as intended but changed again to the previous value almost simultaneously

The typical cause for this issue is that the row whose change triggered the automation is changed again before the automation completes and syncs its results back to the user's device. For example, this can occur when a grouped action first changes a row in a manner that triggers an automation and then immediately changes the row again.

I hope this helps you zero in on the problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Try reviewing the cell's edit history. That can help direct your troubleshooting--e.g., depending on whether the cell's value was updated as intended but then reverted to the original value for some reason or was never changed at all. 

@dbaum 

Thank you very much!
I'm getting forward thanks to you.

โ—The result of cell's edit history
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I've checked the cell's edit history and found the cell value was changed once as intended but changed again to the previous value almost simultaneously.

โ—Things I did after checking cell's edit history
- - - - - - - - - - - -
ใƒปRegenerate structure of the Table
โ†’Nothing changed. of course๐Ÿ˜‘

ใƒปDirectly edit status in form view
โ†’Status had changed and won't go back to the previous value
๐Ÿ‘‰It implies that the problem is in bot?

ใƒปTo see what happens, I added the wait step "5mๅพ…ใค" which waits for 5 minutes at the bottom of the process in bot.
โ†’I found an unknown "update_input" step in Monitor just after the Wait step; which doesn't show up until I add a wait step. And it changes the status to previous value!!

ใ‚นใ‚ฏใƒชใƒผใƒณใ‚ทใƒงใƒƒใƒˆ 2023-01-26 15.41.39.png

๐Ÿ‘‰??๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Could you tell me what is happening? How can I stop this step?

@Kawano164 wrote:

the cell value was changed once as intended but changed again to the previous value almost simultaneously

The typical cause for this issue is that the row whose change triggered the automation is changed again before the automation completes and syncs its results back to the user's device. For example, this can occur when a grouped action first changes a row in a manner that triggers an automation and then immediately changes the row again.

I hope this helps you zero in on the problem.

@dbaum Thank you very much!

@dbaum wrote:

For example, this can occur when a grouped action first changes a row in a manner that triggers an automation and then immediately changes the row again.

As you say, there is no recall change when I directly edit the [ShippingDate] without action which opens the form view for editing Shipping Date.

I delete these Action and Form view and add another Action which use INPUT() for editing value.

And there is no recall change.

I still don't understand what is the center of the problem but in my case, it seems action or view or both.

Thank you very much!!!

Although My problem is solved, I'll leave something I found for the people who have similar problem.

The same problem occurred again when I added an action at the bottom of the grouped action which changes the [ShppingDate].

The action I added at the bottom set another column value "=[ShippingDate]".
Although I don't know the reason, it recalls previous [Status].

When I delete the bottom action, problem disappear.

@dbaum The actions within the automation could generate this problem too?

Top Labels in this Space