Bot step waiting for a period inconsistant

I have many bots that wait for minimum time, 5 minutes to be sure that for an order also the order details (child records) are in the G-sheet. This waiting prevent an order to be sent with not all the details. 

The problem is that 5 minutes is often 45-180 minutes and this is not workable.

First it would be great that 5 minutes is 5 minutes.

Otherwise are there other solutions.

This is already reported, but for weeks now, there is no solution for this.

Solved Solved
0 3 231
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The are better approaches to perform processing once the Parent and all Children are all inserted.  There is a whole section describing this in the article below:

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11447614?hl=en&sjid=3266578478932599882-NA

Scroll way down to find the section named

"Send an email only after adding a parent record and all of its child records"

It doesn't have to be sending an email, the process that is triggered could be most anything.

In my opinion, Wait steps should only be used as a last resort.  They can cause too much trouble otherwise. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The are better approaches to perform processing once the Parent and all Children are all inserted.  There is a whole section describing this in the article below:

https://support.google.com/appsheet/answer/11447614?hl=en&sjid=3266578478932599882-NA

Scroll way down to find the section named

"Send an email only after adding a parent record and all of its child records"

It doesn't have to be sending an email, the process that is triggered could be most anything.

In my opinion, Wait steps should only be used as a last resort.  They can cause too much trouble otherwise. 

I second that.

It is solved. The solution when I close a form was not workable because client needs a button to send the email when an order with the details is complete.

The bug is resolved for waiting a period of time and now I can test it. 

Top Labels in this Space