Bots failing to send

I have an app that is being used by 170 people. A few weeks back with the perimeter key error in automation monitoring the app stopped send out email and chat messages consistently. Before the perimeter error the app had been working perfectly, not 1 error. Since then it fails somewhere each time a record is added and the problem is usually with email or chat, texting seems to be fine. The app has 2 working tables and 8 reference table which just hold a list of items. I have bots that send out a text, email and google chat message only if the user should get one. I had 23 virtual columns and when talking to support they told me about reducing the virtual columns, I have apps that are bigger than this one with way more virtual columns that dont have a problem. I have made a copy of the problem app and sent out 32 tests and all of them were successful. I have reduced the virtual columns down to 5 and still I have a problem. The error I get is "Fail to execute the process, because the request took too long to process.". I only have 1 security filter which limits the user to view their data. Is there anything else I can try? Since this app is in production I want to see if I can save it before going to the backup.

Solved Solved
0 3 248
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The sync took a long time but late last night I figured it out. During the bot/monitoring outage one of the formulas was corrupted. I didn't change the code at all but I decided to regenerate the structure. After that an error occurred that stated there was a different formula between the table and the app, 39 rows has one formula and 9 had a different one. I removed the formula, saved it and then applied the formula again and saved then regenerated the columns and the error went away and the speed dramatically increased. I tested it 30+ times and everything went through and a lot quicker. I regenerated the columns again and the error did not return. Seems to be fixed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

How long does it take to excecute the sync? I don't believe it's the total amount of virtual columns, but it could be one of them. The limit with the data change Bot is two minutes. It sounds it takes more than that and that's why the error. What is your Bot doing? Does it need to read a lot of data to process it? Does it have a lot of complex formulas that reads data from other tables?

The sync took a long time but late last night I figured it out. During the bot/monitoring outage one of the formulas was corrupted. I didn't change the code at all but I decided to regenerate the structure. After that an error occurred that stated there was a different formula between the table and the app, 39 rows has one formula and 9 had a different one. I removed the formula, saved it and then applied the formula again and saved then regenerated the columns and the error went away and the speed dramatically increased. I tested it 30+ times and everything went through and a lot quicker. I regenerated the columns again and the error did not return. Seems to be fixed.

Excellent!

Top Labels in this Space