Bots

I am trying to write an expression for a condition for a bot.

I want the bot to send an email to my user email based on when any of the rows in a specific column are changed from the current name.

When trying to do this I set my condition to [ContactID]=7) 

7 being the name of the contact (ref). 

After running this through the bot, an email was received, however it was for any change I was making, I think the condition is wrong but I don't know how to change it. 

Fig 1. Bot Fig 1.pngfig 2.png

Fig 2. Table/View

Solved Solved
0 10 445
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

So...You want an email to be sent whenever a word changes in a column for a specific Owner ID of 7.

Without knowing which column you are looking for the change I can only give the following expression.

AND([ContactID] = 7,OR([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column you want to check for a change1] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Column you want to check for a change1],[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column you want to check for a change2] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Column you want to check for a change2]...repeat this pattern for anymore columns you want to check for a change and close the expression off with ))

Hope that's clear?

View solution in original post

Based off your recently updated screenshot I would say that you want to change your Event Type to be 'Updates Only' and then put my suggested expression inside the 'Condition' section for the 'Optional condition that is checked before firing the action.

That will guarantee your bot will only execute based on what you described.  You will not need to use the 'Branch on a condition' check inside the Process part of your bot and can just go straight to the task.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

I can't make sense of what you're trying to accomplish. Can you try explaining it in a different way? Perhaps without using any technical language?

@Steve @Joseph_Seddik 

I want my bot to send an email when the word in the row changes. 

When I tried on Friday the expression wasn't being read properly and I got an email every time I changed any of the rows rather than the specific ones in the column I want

To detect a change in a column, you would typically use [_THISROW_BEFORE] and [_THISROW_AFTER].

https://help.appsheet.com/en/articles/2792618-before-and-after-values

Please show the complete configuration of your Bot including the event. 

config 1.pngTHEconfig 2.pngconfig 3.png

So...You want an email to be sent whenever a word changes in a column for a specific Owner ID of 7.

Without knowing which column you are looking for the change I can only give the following expression.

AND([ContactID] = 7,OR([_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column you want to check for a change1] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Column you want to check for a change1],[_THISROW_BEFORE].[Column you want to check for a change2] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[Column you want to check for a change2]...repeat this pattern for anymore columns you want to check for a change and close the expression off with ))

Hope that's clear?

If you got to the top of this post I have posted an image of the table where the data is I need to monitor a change in (green underline) 

The contact id listed is a ref but the ref is "7" rather than "LDM Estates"

It would be all rows of the 1 column, I will try this and get back to you 

Based off your recently updated screenshot I would say that you want to change your Event Type to be 'Updates Only' and then put my suggested expression inside the 'Condition' section for the 'Optional condition that is checked before firing the action.

That will guarantee your bot will only execute based on what you described.  You will not need to use the 'Branch on a condition' check inside the Process part of your bot and can just go straight to the task.

Works like a charm. Thank you again ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space