Broken references for no reason

Hi, I have a big problem. Overnight, the reference stopped working for only a few records. I checked if the key was spelled correctly, but also in table A and in table B it was written correctly. The relationship between these tables is extremely simple. Table A is the items, and table B is the results of the checks performed on these items. So one item can have multiple controls. I do not know where to look for the cause of this phenomenon. I will mention that the databases are created in the google sheet. I donโ€™t have any column formatting turned on and all filters are turned off.

I urgently need help! Thank you in advance

Solved Solved
0 16 628
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For othersโ€ฆ the reason was a security filter in the Parents table. If the parent doesnโ€™t exist, the Child record canโ€™t find the parent and the link will be broken.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

How are the broken references evident? Can you provide a screenshot?

โ€œSorry, there was an error uploading that file. Please try again.โ€. Is there any other place or mail where I can send screens?

Have you tried to just copy & paste the screenshot?

The problem with adding photos is on my side. I add them from another account because I do not have such a possibility from that account.

here are examples of broken references:
Sorry the data is so truncated but it is sensitive data and I cannot share it.

in table A and in table B the values are identical (I searched them using ctrl + F). Additionally, I made sure there were no whitespace there.

If you checked that your values on a parent and child tables are correct, please open those records and reselect the value from the Ref field. Also please check if you are able to see the same option twice in your dropdown.

I deleted the ref field type in child tabale and again chose ref pointing to parent table, but unfortunately for a few records the reference still does not work and I only see one โ€œrefโ€ option in the dropdown menu.

Are you using Ref field or Enum (or EnumList) with a Ref as a base type?

In parent table, the column I refer to is of the text type and is a key by the way. In turn child tables, this column with the same name is simply ref type in which it points to parent table. Did I understand your question correctly?

Okay itโ€™s a Ref field, not Enum etc. Did you reselect the parent for those childs already?

yes i did it, however it changed nothing. I also tried to regenerate the parent and child structures. Because Iโ€™ve seen you mention it in other posts about broken references. However, that didnโ€™t help either.

Would you please email to support@appsheet.com with your app details, so I can find it from your app. Please tag my name, so I can pick it, thanks.

Of course I will write! Thank you very much for help. Can you just specify what you mean by the app detals? What data should I include in the email?

Account ID number
App name
Table&Column name
Probably view name as well
Steps that I need to take, so Iโ€™m able to see that issue from the app itself (emulator).

okay thanks for the info

For othersโ€ฆ the reason was a security filter in the Parents table. If the parent doesnโ€™t exist, the Child record canโ€™t find the parent and the link will be broken.

Thank you very much for your time and help

Top Labels in this Space