Budgeting App

Hi guys, would like to ask questions on making budgeting app. So I want to make a budget app where i input 1 Budget ID with a fixed amount. From 1 budget ID, it will have different transactions. How can i make AppSheet  show remaining budget after deducting initial budget amount with sum of all transactions with that Budget ID?

Here is the illustration :

Budget amount for Budget ID1 = USD1,000

Transaction 1 for Budget ID1 = USD200

Transaction 2 for Budget ID1 = USD300

So, total realized amount should be USD500 and remaining budget should be USD500. My current app shows remaining budget after transaction 1 is USD800 and remaining budget after transaction 2 is USD700

Thanks in advance guys. Really appreciate your help

0 4 277
4 REPLIES 4

Here is the display from my Google Sheet. The budget is 10,000,000 and after recording all transactions, remaining budget should be -545,000Screenshot 2022-11-01 163417.png

I think you should make 1 other table for the budget, and update it automaticly every time you make a transaction. I think your app does not update it.. for the secondo transacrion the math should be 800-300 but your app il 1000-300

Yes, i should be 800-300=200 but instead it count 1000-300. Actually I have
made new table for budget and have remaining budget which the calculation
is true. But i am still not understand how my app cannot find the same id
and calculate remaining budget row by row

I'm not an expert in app development, but it sounds like you need to create a formula that subtracts the total amount of transactions associated with a specific Budget ID from the initial Budget amount. This should give you the remaining budget amount for that particular Budget ID.
I recently discovered a personal financial dashboard that has been really helpful for me in managing my finances. It allows me to keep track of my income, expenses, and investments all in one place. It's been really helpful in creating a budget and sticking to it.

Top Labels in this Space