Bug in Desktop view. The form text entry is deleted when typing text.

When starting a form using LINKTOFORM(), the first text entry reloads itself, deleting the text entered by the user.

Step by step bug
1- open a form
2- the user starts typing text in a text type field
3- the field reloads automatically, deleting the entered text.
4- the user has to type the text again.

The bug does not happen in mobile view.
This only happens on the first entry of the form.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Will there be a solution?

0 8 105
8 REPLIES 8

I made a quick test and it doesn't clear the text column when opening a new form with the LINKTOFORM() action. What actually happens when you open the new form and when user starts to write to a column? Is it deleting the value after user clicks to somewhere else?

@AleksiAlkio @Claytonjsm  I have this scenario occurring, however I can almost pin point it down to something perhaps , also only on desktop. Maybe you can confirm.. 

If I have syncing happening in the backround and immediately open the form, then start typing, I noticed that when those Syncs in backround are  complete, it reloads my form and seems to clear at that point..

• Note that I use  a force sync ** &"&at="&(NOW()+1)) ** on some backround actions that are running when this happens
    and haven't tested without it when form is open to see if it's only the Syncs that end causing it or the force sync I have on some actions. 

Yes, it sounds that's the reason.

@AleksiAlkio Do you think it's the force sync or the fact that there is syncing on same table in general? 

Without seeing all definitions, structure etc, it's a little bit difficult to say, but it's easy to test for you if you disable them one by one. 

@Denzil_Snyman appears to have discovered the cause.
When I uncheck the Automatic updates function, the problem does not happen. However, updates must be automatic.
The bug only happens in the Desktop view.
Could this be an appsheet bug?
How do I report this to them?

Does anyone have any temporary solution?

@lizlynch

Could this please be looked into on desktop mode...

@Arthur_Rallu 

Could this please be looked into on desktop mode...

Top Labels in this Space