Bug in custom action in Bots

Hi there,

I just want to report a Bug and the Solution to this Bug.

I created a Bot wo should copy data from one table to another on a specific timeline.

To do so I used a "custom action" which should enter the data from another table via lookup. Testing this function was totaly fine and gave me the exact value i wanted. But when i run the bot i got an error like this:

Error Message
Error encountered in step with name [Update_AWS]: Error: Perform DataAction 'Action for Update_AWS' failed because Row having key 'LOC_953' in table 'APP_AV_LOCATIONS_AWS' in field 'FI_CHANGED_DATE' is required to have a value.

So i removed the requirement to test out what the bot would do. After that i run the bot again and the bot cleaned out all fields and put them to empty. Only the Key value was untouched and had still a value. I couldnt find any answer why the bot puts only empty values into the fields but i found a solution.

So resolve this i simple recrated the custom action as a action in behavior and let the bot use this action instead. And voila the bot did exactly what he supposed to do.

So it seems there is still a bug to the "custome action" feature.

0 2 121
2 REPLIES 2

I believe I have seen a number of other posts around this same issue - Bot not working when creating a custom action.  Did you open a ticket to AppSheet support for this problem?

Hi,

I have not opened a ticket since i am just not using this feature. When there is a solution or this issue was fixed I hope someone writes it into this chat.

Top Labels in this Space