Bugs in PDF processing from a Google Doc

A number of bugs exist regarding creating a PDF form a Google Doc.

Has anyone experienced these? Are they Known bugs?

1. Auto Numbering on Headings does not work. ( comes out blank)

2. First-page header/footer does not work.

3. Tab stops to align/headers and footers do not work. So left aligned, centre right-aligned, typical of headers does not align properly)

0 3 643
3 REPLIES 3

Page Headers, Page Footers, and Page Numbering are Not Supported

Workflow templates do not support automatic page headers, page footers, or page numbering.

If your Word template file contains Word Headers, Word Footers, or Page Numbers they will be ignored.

• Instead, you should include your header contents at the start of your template as normal content. It will appear once at the start of the resulting document.
  • You should include your footer contents at the end of your template as normal content. It will appear once at the end of the resulting document.

To handle automatic page headers, page footers, and page numbering, we would need to implement a โ€œpage layout engineโ€ that computes the page location of each element being displayed. We would need to be aware of page boundaries, so that we could:

• Insert a footer at the end of each page.
  • Insert a bottom margin at the end of each page.
  • Insert a top margin at the start of each new page.
  • Insert a header at the start of each new page.
  • Insert appropriate page numbers.

We do not support any of these features because implementing a โ€œpage layout engineโ€ is a lot of work. It is not work that we have done.

Thanks for your reply.

Itโ€™s shame because it makes it unworkable for my planned professional application.

However, I do understand the complexities, having myself implemented PDF print engines for our offline apps using Microsoft Word, Javascript and CSS.

I understand. I have the same issuesโ€ฆ I doubt this will work for you, but thereโ€™s thisโ€ฆ

Top Labels in this Space