Build appointment booking system with customer database

I am a complete newbie to appsheet and have been digging around for a solution to this and I have built a couple of basic test apps but my knowledge is limited.

I would like to know if somebody or a few people could fir suggestions at me for how to start the layout of this project which I want to build for myself. And also, please tell me if you think that it can't be achieved.

I want to build, essentially an appointment booking system for when I visit customers homes.
I want to reserve a date and time of the booking along with other details about the appointment, but I also want to fetch the customer's personal details from a list, if they are an existing customer, but I want the option to add a new customer to the list if they are new.

It would look like this:

The app opens to a calendar view.
I choose a date.
The appointments for that date open up.

There is an option to add a new appointment.

If I click an existing appointment it opens up the details of the appointment.

If I choose add a new appointment a form opens where I can fill in the details.
As part of the new form, it asks me for the customers name (and if they are in the database), it saves the appointment with their full details. If they are a new customer, I manually fill in the form, and it saves them as a customer to the database.

I hope I am explaining this well enough.

If you need more detail then I will try to clarify...

What I am looking for really is the ability to set appointments and add customers. But many are repeat customers so I don't want to fill in their details every time.

So I need to save

NAME, ADDRESS, EMAIL, PHONE NUMBER

and have this as something I can use again and again for multiple appointments.

So when choosing he appointment date and time, I just chose Derek Clarke from a dropdown or similar.

But the exact nature of each appointment would be different, so I also need to be able to have a section that doesn't save as the customer details and is unique to that appointment.

So PRICE, SERVICE REQUIRED, PARTS NEEDED etc.

Thanks for your time.

Solved Solved
0 4 1,546
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

All this is doable.  The only thing you can't do in Appsheet is to click on a time in the calendar and then it open up a form where the date/start time/end time are all prefilled in.  

In summary for the rest of your idea you need to use 2 tables (spreadsheet tab).  The first call Clients, add the columns you need (Name, Address etc) then tell appsheet to build the app from this spreasheet.  Then add another table called Bookings, but importantly have the first column called Clients.  Appsheet will then automatically link these two sheets together.  So that Bookings is the subtable of Clients.  

Simon, 1minManager.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

All this is doable.  The only thing you can't do in Appsheet is to click on a time in the calendar and then it open up a form where the date/start time/end time are all prefilled in.  

In summary for the rest of your idea you need to use 2 tables (spreadsheet tab).  The first call Clients, add the columns you need (Name, Address etc) then tell appsheet to build the app from this spreasheet.  Then add another table called Bookings, but importantly have the first column called Clients.  Appsheet will then automatically link these two sheets together.  So that Bookings is the subtable of Clients.  

Simon, 1minManager.com

Hi thanks again for the help.

I am getting on quite well and I built a basic app.

It all seemed to be going ok until I hit a problem where when I choose:

ADD new booking, and fill in the details and click save.

It saves to the sheet in the database.

However, if I click on a date in the calendar app within Appsheet, nothing happens.
None of my bookings show up in the calendar part of the app and I cannot navigate between dates.

I think my first test, it worked but since adding more detail it seems to have stopped linking the two parts.

In the settings of the calendar, check that you have all 4 columns selected for Start date, start time, end data & end time.

You can't click on a day & time in the calendar to add a record.  The only way you can do this is by clicking on the + symbold in the bottom right.  Same as in a table view.

Thank you. This gives me a great base to start from and I'll keep the topic open for now in case I run into issues getting started ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space