Bulk Delete

Dear Community:

I will appreciate your help with the following query. I need to delete from AppSheet all the rows of a table. Now I can only delete rows one by one with the delete action, but I have tables with hundreds of records so it would help to have an action that deletes all records at once. Thank you in advance for your help.

Rafael

0 14 399
14 REPLIES 14

Use bulk actions - AppSheet Help

Look for "Execute an action on a set of rows" here:
Actions: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Thanks Joseph. I checked the link before but it is not what I need since it is about selecting records one by one or through related tables, but in this case it is a table that is not related to another. There must be some way in which when executing an action all the records of a table are deleted, which can be thousands.

See the second link..

@Joseph_Seddik wrote:

Look for "Execute an action on a set of rows" here:
Actions: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

Thanks Joseph, but it's not what I'm looking for.

I have done it before, just manipulate the url then it will select all. Let me check if I still keep the app. Will update you later if I still have it.

This is the formula I used in Action: Go to another view

For the filter it's up to your case.

LINKTOVIEW('Backup')&'&SELECTED='&ENCODEURL('["'&SUBSTITUTE(FILTER('Parcel', AND([Status] = 'Collected', TEXT([Status DateTime],"DDMM") = "2502")),' , ','","')&'"]')

Thanks for your answer, but I don't understand how the action to go to another view is going to delete the thousands of records from a table. I will appreciate if you can explain to me.

For thousands of record I think it is not suitable to do that.

Can you access the backend of the app (Google Sheets or Excel) and delete the records there? 

In this case the users do not have access to the data source, so I need to bulk delete the records from an AppSheet app, through an action or a bot. I will appreciate any help in that line.

I use bot to delete it.

If you have quite a lot of rows, I would use Bot/Weghook for that purpose.

Thanks Aleksi! You're right. Do you have any example you can show how to build the bot/webhook?

Would you please share your email via private message. I will find an suitable app from my account.

Top Labels in this Space