Bulk Select

Iโ€™m trying to work out why the bulk select โ€˜Dotsโ€™ are disappearing on some views. It lets me select multiple but the dots disappear once I do.

It has been working previously.
Thanks!

0 5 156
5 REPLIES 5

Typically the bulk select actions are displayed if the actions are applicable for all the selected rows.

So if the user has simultaneously selected rows 1, 2, 3 where action A is applicable but action B is not and rows 4 and 5 where action B is applicable but action A is not , then none of the actions will show in bulk select because mismatching rows have been selected for applying bulk select.

You may wish to check if your rows selection falls in this category.

Thanks for your reply.

In this sequence of images you can see that the โ€˜starโ€™ action is available on all. Then if I only select one the three dots donโ€™t appear and obviously there can be no conflict with just one.

Thanks. Could you mention what kind of actions those are ?

If those are not row level actions and those are actions such as navigation ( LINKTOVIEW() ) or actions such as Edit ot Export CSV , that cannot be applied as bulk actions, then those actions will not show under bulk select.

You may have cracked it.

They were simple โ€˜Data:set the valueโ€ฆโ€™ but created a group and added a (LINKTOVIEW()) behavior with the purpose of forcing a sync.

The strange part is Iโ€™ve done the same thing on another view and itโ€™s still allowing bulk select - Iโ€™ll need to dig into the comparison between them and see if I can find the difference.

Sure, please post back if you still continue to face issues after your analysis.

Top Labels in this Space